Demo evening 16.9.2023Published on
Welcome to DOT demo evening on Saturday 16.9.2023 at OUBS Studio!
This is a good opportunity for new members and those interested in DOT to learn more about our club and demoscene.
During the event we will watch various demoscene productions from over the years.
The event also serves as a hackathon, you can try to make your own demo during the event and we will have a small demo compo in the evening.
You are not required to participate in the Hackathon, you can just come and watch demos, hang out and get to know our club!
- 10:00 start, people can make demos (no tables, only sofas)
- 17:00 submission deadline
- 18:00 demo compo
- after: watching demos
- 22:00 end
Jämeräntaival 1, 02150 Espoo
Getting started materials
- Turtle Graphics framework – super beginner friendly. The material is in Finnish, but the commands are in English. This framework includes turtle cloning, so also interesting effects like fractals are possible https://turtle.bloat.app
- Processing + Rocket – the same one we used in Graffathon. https://www.graffathon.fi/2023/getting-started.html
- WebGL shader boilerplate – intermediate level. https://github.com/felixbade/webgl-shader-boilerplate